I've been hitting the sauce again!  

Posted by Mike in , , ,


I told Jeremy I would post this sometime last week, so here we go. I whipped up this barbecue sauce for the near disastrous barbecue event on Saturday. I started with the recipe I found at this link:
http://bbq.about.com/od/barbecuesaucerecipes/r/bl50722a.htm

I decided it didn't look like it had enough heat, so I replaced the bell pepper in the recipe with a finely diced whole serrano, veins and seeds removed. The end product had a weird, smoky sort of flavor that some people seemed to like even if I found it a little odd.

Overall I think it turned out alright, confirming my latent, untapped cooking genius. My future career path as a saucier now looks bright indeed.

Yay!

Side Note: It turns out it's hard to take a picture of a liquid inside a highly reflective glass jar? Who knew?

This entry was posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 at Monday, August 25, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

My link doesn't work right!

The system is failing! Everybody fend for themselves!

August 25, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Post a Comment