Steak and Taters.  

Posted by Jeremy in , , , ,


And also, apologies. It's been a little while since my last post. Don't worry, I don't feel too bad. After all, it's been a little while since your last post as well, so we're even.

There's no actual recipe for this one, just some meat I cooked up that Amber thought was particularly good. 1-1 pound boneless top sirloin plus some small chuck steaks.

Basically, I slapped some peppercorns and a good sea salt into them, then tossed them into a pan over medium high heat with a good splash of olive oil. Cooked for about 4 minutes on each side and then popped them into the oven at 375 for just under 10 minutes. While they were in the oven, I added a half clove of minced garlic and a handful of chopped white onion to the pan, along with a pad of butter.

Steaks came out and I set them aside to rest. Once the onion and garlic had browned up I reduced the heat to low and splashed in some red wine vinegar, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for all the goodness as I did so. Then of course, this mixture went over the top of the steaks.

The baked potatoes were done the lazy way in the microwave. Salted them before cooking, topped them with colby jack, sour cream, butter, and more peppercorn.

That was it basically. Nothing really special, but this one turned out better than most I guess.
RING THAT STINKING BELL!

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at Thursday, August 21, 2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment