Stuffed Chicken Breast  

Posted by Jeremy in , , , ,


More chicken? Yeah, yeah I guess so. So this one was all off the cuff. Turned out purdy darn good, so I'm posting it. I figure this should make up for using the Tyler Florence recipe.
I can't give you exact measurements for anything but here were the basic ingredients:
-4 chicken breasts
-turkey ham
-basil
-garlic
-parmesan
-1 can tomato sauce
-onion powder
-white cooking wine
-oregano
-salt
-pepper
-olive oil
-milk

I started off by seasoning the chicken breasts and then searing them in a skillet with some olive oil. Took the breasts, sliced them open, stuffed them with pieces of the ham, and a mixture of basil, garlic, parmesan, oregano, and onion powder. I also covered them on the outsides with the same filling. Then I popped them in the oven at 350. Hit the hot pan with the seared chicken bits with some white wine, popped in the tomato sauce, and some milk. Brought it to a boil, reduced it, started to stir in parmesan, basil, garlic, and a little bit of onion powder. I let that simmer basically the whole time the chicken cooked. Amber made some mashed potatoes. I pulled the chicken out when it was about 150 internally, let it rest for 10 minutes and it rose to about 165 when it was done. It ended up being cooked perfectly. Super moist, super tender. It was good, especially for being completely on the fly.

This entry was posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 at Friday, July 24, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment