Crockpot Pulled Pork  

Posted by Matt in , , , , ,



At some point I will get a smoker, but until then the crockpot will have to do for my BBQ fix.

1 lb pork shoulder
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon each of the following:
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
chili powder
black pepper

Bun
BBQ sauce
coleslaw

My crockpot is tiny, so I had to cut down a 3 lb pork shoulder to fit it. If your crockpot can handle it, I recommend increased the proportions.
I mixed up all the seasoning in the crockpot, then tossed the shoulder in. I spun the meat around a couple times to make sure it was covered in juice, then let it sit for about 4 1/2 hours on High. If I would have had more time, I would have tried to let it sit for 10 hours on low. I will likely do that with the rest of the pork shoulder after I finish this stuff up. At the end, I pulled the meat out, took two forks and shredded it all up. If it isn't really easy to shred, then you need to cook it longer.

I like my pulled pork Memphis style with BBQ sauce and coleslaw.


If you make it just right, you'll end up looking like this guy.



Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 at Thursday, August 19, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment