Rustic Noodz.  

Posted by Jeremy in , , , ,


Okay, what this actually is, is a red wine tomato sauce with garlic, shallots, asparagus and Crimini mushrooms, over pasta. Here's the scoop:

-garlic
-2 shallots
-1 28oz can of stewed, whole, San Marzano tomatoes
-1 6oz can of tomato paste
-a small bunch of asparagus
-Crimini mushrooms
-roughly 1 cup red wine (I used a Merlot)
-basil
-parsley
-salt
-black pepper
-nutmeg
-olive oil
-butter
-noodles of choice

So in one big ol' sauce pan, I got the sauce going. I started with 8 cloves of minced garlic sauteing in olive oil, then I added in the asparagus cut into roughly 2 inch pieces (from the top not the stem). When they got going a little bit, and became fragrant, I added in the can of tomatoes, the tomato paste, and the red wine. This went for a little longer, and then I added some salt, pepper, nutmeg (be sparing, but make sure you can taste it), basil, and parsley. Then I set this to simmering for half an hour.

Pretty shortly after the sauce had been simmering, I diced two shallots and threw them into a separate skillet of olive oil and butter with two good-sized handfuls of mushrooms. When the shallots just began to sweat, and the mushrooms just began to get darker, I added them to the sauce, and let it all simmer for another half an hour.

Then I got my noodles boiling, waited for them to become al dente, mixed everything together, and bada bing, bada boom, you have yourself another fine plate of pasta.

This one was pretty good, and I'd recommend you give it a go should you have the ingredients available.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 at Sunday, August 14, 2011 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment