Watermelon Salsa  

Posted by Matt in

During the first Vittles and Mangia superevent, I was struck with an idea to try some watermelon salsa. The little pile that I made there tasted really good. The two flavors did not clash. They actually created a really nice balance between the salty spice of the salsa and the sweet coolness of the watermelon.




The other day, I made up a whole bowl by combining:


1 parts diced watermelon

and

1 parts Pace picante medium salsa


I saved some to test how fresh it stayed over time. Unlike many sauces, this one does not need time to sit and let the flavors blend. This one is best fresh but starts to get a bit of a dry/dirty tastes after a day or two. I recommend you experiment with types of salsa. I used the chunky picante simply because that is what I had around. I think I would like to try a fresh pico de gallo next.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at Wednesday, July 30, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment