Black Cherry Cola Bread  

Posted by Mike

I decided to do a little cooking today, so I took a crack at this recipe I found here.

Basically just dumped the ingredients in my bread machine and hit go. Used the IBC Black Cherry Cola we had sitting around, same brand Jeremy used for his barbecue sauce last week that he hasn't posted. The resulting dough had a nice pink color to it that ensured that no matter what angle I took a picture from it looked like a giant wad of chewed gum.


I was pleased to see that the color didn't fade at all during the cooking process, though it thankfully lost the gum resemblance. The finished product is...interesting. The black cherry flavor doesn't come through nearly as much as I would have liked. The recipe can be used with basically any soda, so a type with a more intense flavor might help that, or maybe you could cook some down into a syrup to add with the rest of it to intensify things. Other than that the texture is okay, and it doesn't seem overly crumbly.


Stay tuned for flan sometime later tonight.

This entry was posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 at Friday, August 29, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment