Crockety-Pot-Pot Chicken!  

Posted by Jeremy in , , ,



More chicken? Never did a chicken in a crockpot. Honestly even while doing it I was thinking do people do this? Is this okay? Am I gonna get my door smashed in ala neighborhood drug bust? The answer of course was yes. But the offending officers were very polite. Not to my door but to me. This is basically what I did.

  • 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup honey (i used blackberry honey)
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 lemon, juice
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • Sesame seeds.
Then I put all that into the crockpot, with the halves from the lemon I juiced, and half a white onion scattered about. Set it on medium, let it go for about 6 hours. Took it out, carved the thing, ate it with a baked potato. BOOM!

This entry was posted on Monday, August 3, 2009 at Monday, August 03, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

CHICKEN!

August 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Post a Comment