Mushroom Chicken with broccoli and a potato  

Posted by Matt


Oh man, I got to stop doing Vittles and Mangia posts in bulk. Here is another 4 meals I've been backed up on.

This one is a standard meat and veggie dish. I brined the chicken and used the rest of my uncles mushrooms he sent me. I used the first half previously on the Pork roast with mushroom mashed potatoes.

2 chicken breasts
1 handful bolete mushrooms
kosher salt
worchetershire sauce
garlic powder

1 chicken gravy packet

broccoli
potato
cheese
butter
salt and pepper

To brine the chicken, I added the mushrooms, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder and a healthy amount of kosher salt to enough water that would cover the chicken, and left that in the fridge over night. The dried mushrooms really released a lot a flavor into the brine that mixed in with the chicken.
To bake, I added the chicken to a cast iron skillet, with the mushrooms and a little bit of the brine and covered with foil. Essentially I braised the brined chicken in a 350 oven for an hour. At the same time I put a few potatoes in the oven to bake. The broccoli was just steamed.
At the end of the hour, I pulled the chicken out to rest and used the cast iron skillet to make the chicken gravy. And I topped the potato and broccoli with some cheese. Easy peasy.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at Sunday, October 17, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment