Taco Salad  

Posted by Matt


Quick. Easy. Very Cheap.

One night, I was hungry. I had a few things in the fridge and pantry, but not enough to make so other dinners I had planned. My main problem was a pound of ground beef that I was saving to make my family's Burger, Rice and Peas (which will be posted very soon.) At the time, though I didn't have the peas or gravy, and I didn't feel like going to the store. Instead I made a plan; use half of the burger now, and half for the Burger, Rice and Peas. This would mean I would need to fill out the burger portions in both meals, but that is something I could do. And this is that taco salad.

1/2 lbs burger
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 red onion, chopped
1 can refried beans
tortilla chips
cheese, grated
lettuce, shredded
tomato, diced
hot sauce
seasonings


To fill out the burger, I browned it up with the can of black beans and the red onion with various seasoning; cumin, pepper, hot sauce, salt. This actually came out really good. When I tasted it, it felt like a mouthful of burger, and the flavors came together as well. The rest was just a layers of ingredients and eating. Call it done.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Friday, October 1, 2010 at Friday, October 01, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment