Spicy Sweet chicken and vegitables  

Posted by Matt


Hoah, this was good. I need to make it again soon.

1 chicken breasts
red bell pepper
broccoli
onion
1 carrot stick
2 inch ginger root
3 large radishes
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp Thai chili paste
Sweet chili sauce
jasmine rice
salt
pepper.

So Michelle's friend gave her some awesome sweet chili sauce and I was told to use it if I could. I did. The Jazmin rice was solid. I made it using less water and a shorter cooking time then normal so it was a bit more firm. For the veggies, I chopped up the bell pepper, broccoli, onion and radish. I grated the carrot and the ginger and put it all in a pot. I cooked it up in the coconut milk until it was all tender. This part was mostly pretty bland. Next time I might steam the veggies and add condensed coconut milk at the end. The real prize of this dish was the chicken. In a saute pan, I started cooking up the chicken with some Thai chili paste. The paste had enough oil to help the chicken fry. Once it was cooked, I chopped it up, and put it back in the pan but without heat. I then added a couple spoonfuls of the sweet chili sauce. It made the chicken into this awesome candied spicy little treats.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at Sunday, November 14, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment