Thai Waldorf Squash Curry  

Posted by Matt


So this was a random mix of some strange flavors, but it worked.

Acorn Squash
1 can stewed tomatoes
red onion
green beans
celery
2 apples apple
1 small bag walnuts
3 sticks celery
coconut milk
curry powder
cinnamon
Cayenne
salt
allspice
black pepper

I took an acorn squash, cleaned, peeled, and chopped it up. Then tossed it into a pot with the chopped onion, stewed tomatoes and green beans, and spices. I simmered this with the top on and added a little water when it started to thicken up, for about 1 hour. I chopped the apple into bits with the celery, and essentially made a Waldorf salad using coconut milk instead of mayo. I turned the heat off the squash pot, and added the apple mixture. I stirred it up and let it sit for a few minutes for the cold stuff to warm up. I didn't want it to cook, just get warm. Coconut milk looses it's flavor when it cooks.

This was surprisingly good. So many flavors and textures.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at Sunday, November 14, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment