Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti  

Posted by Matt



I was very proud of this dish of spaghetti. It tasted very unlike my normal spaghetti does. Which isn't to say my normal spaghetti is bad, just that this was really good. And there was no meat, or spaghetti in it.


1 spaghetti squash


1 jar herb and garlic spaghetti sauce


1 green and 1 red bell pepper


1 cup chopped green beans


1 package Enoki mushrooms ( I got from the asian super market. If you have the option, I recommend these highly)


1 package fried puffed tofu (also from the asian market. If you want tofu, but with a thicker more tearable texture, these will be your friend)


olive oil


salt and pepper



So I started by baking the spaghetti squash, cut in half, with some salt for 1 hour at 350 degrees. In a large sauce pan, I sauteed the sliced bell peppers in olive oil until they were soft. I added the green beans, mushrooms, and sauce and simmered for 10 minutes. In another pan, I heated some veggie oil, and fried the puffed tofu, turning until crispy and set out on a paper towel. Once the squash was done, I shredded it with a fork and added it to the sauce along with the tofu and served. I put Parmesan on mine, but you could do nutritional yeast if you want to keep it vegan.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 at Monday, March 28, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment