Tostadas  

Posted by Matt



Alright, back to the meat. Good ole cheap ground beef.

1 package tostadas

1 pound ground beef

1 can El Pato

2 jalapenos

2 Serrano chilies

1 bunch cilantro

1 large can refried beans

1 white onion

2 Tbls vinegar

jack and cheddar cheese, shredded

Salt and pepper

green leaf lettuce

Valentina's hot sauce


This is similar to most of my mexican food recipes, but I'm posting it anyways. I started by chopping up the onion real fine, adding some chopped cilantro, vinegar, and salt all into a tupperware container. The vinegar and salt helps to soften the onion. Sometimes I'll use lime juice, but I didn't have any limes around. This is my favorite mexican food condiment.

I then started to brown the ground beef, with the chopped up jalapenos and serrano chilies. While that was all cooked up I added the El Pato and some extra water, letting it cook down until it was a nice sticky consistency. In another pot, I heated the beans, with some more chopped cilantro. I think I could eat this just on its own, and I did eat a few spoonfulls while getting it all prepped. I shredded the cheese, and the lettuce, then constructed the tostadas. Chip, bean, meat, cheese, lettuce, onions, hot sauce, yum.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 at Monday, March 28, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment