Chicken Curry  

Posted by Matt


This recipe started with a simple purchase of a standard curry powder.

2 chicken breast, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cups plain yogurt
4 Tbsp curry powder
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 cups jasmin rice
Chopped cilantro
salt to taste


I started off by getting the jasmine rice cooking by following the recipe on the package.
I started by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. I then sauteed the onion and carrots until lightly browned and stirred in the garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, sugar and salt, and stirred for 2 minutes. I added chicken pieces and yogurt and brought it to a boil, reduced the heat, and simmered for 20 to 25 minutes to let the sauce thicken.

Lastly, I stirred in the lemon juice and cayenne. Once plated, I added the chopped cilantro.

This tasted pretty good, but I think in cooking down the sauce for so long, a lot of the flavor from the spices were destroyed. I want to try this again, but next time I will get the onions, carrots, and chicken sauteed up, and add the yogurt and let it all cook down for a while (also maybe using coconut milk as well). Then once it is about 5 minutes from being done, I would, in another pan, saute up the spices in some oil to activate them, and then stir in that paste into the rest of the dish. Or maybe just use some of the spices in the initial cooked, but add more closer to being done.

Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Monday, February 6, 2012 at Monday, February 06, 2012 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment