Tortellini with sauteed Veggies  

Posted by Matt


This is a good alternative to the simple spaghetti meal, and just as easy to make. The key is finding good cheap prepared tortellini which I found in the bulk section at Winco.

2 cups cheese tortellini
1 package hot Italian sausage
24 oz Bertolli's basil marinara
Parmesan cheese
6 carrots
1 1/2 pound green beans
1 turnip
salt


Why a turnip, you ask? I asked that, and answered with a 'because it was there.' I started with a large pot of water to boil, with a healthy amount of salt. I then chopped up the carrots, peeled and chopped the turnip, and trimmed the green beans. I added them to a steamer with some water boiling. For the sauce I poured out the bottle and added chopped Italian sausage and put in on high with a lid.

When the water was boiling, I added the tortellini and cooked for 10-20 minutes until it was very soft. I made sure the veggies were soft to the fork. Once the sauce was hot and had cooked up the sausage, which released its flavor drippings into the sauce, I was pretty much done.

I drained the pasta, poured on the sauce, and dished up a plate with some salt and pepper and Parmesan for taste. So easy and so tasty.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Monday, February 6, 2012 at Monday, February 06, 2012 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment