Blackened Chili-Rubbed Pork Chops  

Posted by Jeremy in , ,


Well look at that, a recipe from Jeremy that's not chicken! So, I can't take credit for this, not really. The technique, and the recipe came from the foodwishes blog, which is super duper great by the way. Mike turned me onto it. I did alter his recipe a little bit, but mostly just by not using as much chili powder as Amber is a wimp. But also, I used bone-in chops, not boneless, as thats what we had around.

Ingredients:
2 boneless center-cut pork chops (about 7oz each, about 1 1/2 inch thick)
1 1/2 tbl vegetable oil
salt to taste
Spice Rub:
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp all spice
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ancho chili powder
cayenne to taste (optional)


Really good recipe, not spicy at all. I can't imagine it would be even with the same amount of chili powder. I served them with some simple fried potatoes, but I absolutely want to try the shitake, sweet corn, and arugula saute. Holy crap does that look good. Ring the bell!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at Wednesday, August 05, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

CHOPS!

August 6, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Post a Comment