Burger, Rice and Peas  

Posted by Matt


I told you I would post the Burger, Rice and Peas recipe soon.

This is a classic recipe in my family. However, I messed with some points because, well, I just do that.

1/2 lbs burger
1/2 red onion
black pepper
allspice
2 cups rice
1 pinch saffron
salt
1 bag frozen peas
1 bag frozen edamame
1 package sausage gravy
milk
water

So as I said before, I used half of the pound of burger in the taco salad, and the other half was used here. Instead of filling out the burger though, I just added some spices, and filled out the peas by adding edamame. So yeah, for the burger, you normally would use onion. Cook it all up, drain the grease, and save the burger and onion in another dish, so you can use the pan to make the gravy by following the directions on the packet. I cooked up the edamame, and shelled them all by hand which only took 5 minutes but you could also easily buy already shelled edamame. The rice was cooked also following the directions on the bag, but I added a pinch of saffron that we had around. Mad the rice a pretty yellow color and tasty too.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Friday, October 1, 2010 at Friday, October 01, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment