Greek Pizza  

Posted by Matt





I'm just banging these out here.

So I used Mike's pizza dough recipe to make these. They were awesome. The best part was the chicken, and I almost felt bad mixing it in with the rest of the ingredients because it tasted so good on it's own. The whole meal was fairly complex, so I'll break it down into parts.

Tziziki sauce
8 oz greek yogurt
3 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
fresh dill, chopped
1/2 large cucumber, grated, and squeezed until it was a paste
1/4 lemon, juiced
salt

Chicken (I brined this the night before when I made the pizza dough, and then cooked it up on the skillet of greatness)

1 chicken breast
soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
black pepper
fresh dill
italian parsley
generic greek seasoning
olive oil
lemon juice
water, filled the bowl
salt, lots of it, it is a brine after all.


Dough

When I made it, it wasn't quite right. I think I ended up using a bit too much water on my hands making it sticky, but that quickly was fixed with flour on my hands while working it the next day. I oiled the pizza pan, preheated the oven to a whopping 500 degrees, and stretched out the dough into pizza shape. It ended up making 3 pizzas, and I modified how I did it each time. The first time, the dough came out a bit dense. I'm thinking this was due to my house being pretty cold, and the flour being cold from being in the fridge so the yeast may not have been very active. On the next two pizza's I stretched the dough out a bit more. This with the combination of olive oil on the pan made a perfect thin crust pizza. On the final pizza, I oiled the top of the crust. But I didn't see any real benefit of that.

Toppings
I spread the tziziki sauce on first, then added;
chicken, chopped
spinach
black olives
mushrooms
zucchini
red onion
feta cheese

So yeah, that is my first pizza attempt. I'll probably do more, because it was so damn good.


Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Friday, October 1, 2010 at Friday, October 01, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment