Green Thai Curry  

Posted by Matt


Yeah, so the pictures doesn't much look like a curry. What ev's. This dish tasted like a curry, and the left overs were much more curry like. This picture is from the first plate I made. The curry sauce was still very hot and liquid and soaked down into the rice. In the leftovers, the curry thickened up just right.

1 chicken breast, cubed
1 corn, shaved
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 handfull spinach
1 onion chopped,
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp Green Curry paste
2 cups rice
1 pinch saffron
salt

Since moving in with Michelle, I've made this green curry a few times. It's very easy because she has a large jar of green curry past and you need very little of it to season the whole dish. To put it all together, I mixed half the coconut milk with the green curry paste and brought that up to a simmer in a frying pan. Then added the chicken, stirred for a few minutes, and added the rest of the veggies. The rice was easy as well. We have a couple small containers or saffron that doesn't' get used much, so I figured I'd toss it into the rice. It was good. Just added the saffron in when I mixed the rice and water. If I had jasmine or basmati rice, this might have been even better then it was, but I didn't. I think I'll buy some basmati rice next time I need rice.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at Sunday, October 17, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment