Vegan Banana Bread  

Posted by Matt



I made this one morning when Jeremy was here with Grizz. It was super easy considering I had all the ingredients already in the house.


3 medium, very ripe bananas


1/4 cup applesauce


1/4 cup vegetable oil


1/2 cup white sugar


2 Tbls molasses


2 cups all purpose flour


3/4 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon cinnamon


1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


1/2 teaspoon salt


I crushed up the bananas, mixed them with the applesauce, vegetable oil, and molasses. In other dish, I mixed up the sugar, flour, baking soda and seasonings. Then I mixed all that stuff together. Finally, I greased a baking pan, and cooked in the oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Right when I took it out to cool, I sprinkled some more cinnamon and sugar on top, and let it cool for 20 minutes. It turned out good, but next time I'd make sure my bananas were more ripe, and I'd probably add nuts to the mix, or maybe dried cranberries, or both.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 28, 2011 at Monday, March 28, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment