Butternut Squash Pizza  

Posted by Matt



I essentially just made pizza but instead of the dough, I used discs of sliced butternut squash. It was a bit sweeter than normal pizza, but very good.

2 large butternut squash
olive oil
1 18 oz jar of pizza sauce
4 cloves garlic
zest from 1 orange
package of peperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese


The proportions are really up to you here. I made a few dinners out of two large squashes.

I started by slicing the butternut squash into 1/4 inch thick slices. I pre-baked these at 400 for 15 minutes. During this time I sauteed the garlic just slightly, then mixed it with the sauce and as it warmed, I zested in the orange (I am sort of obsessed currently with orange marinara sauce).
Once the squash was just starting to get tender, I pulled them out, made sure the pan was greased, upped the heat to 500, and placed a couple peperoni sauce and cheese on each bit, then back into the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese was just getting about to turn golden.
Posted by Picasa

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at Wednesday, November 07, 2012 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment